Cardiovascular diseases are the leading global cause of death. On this course, you’ll learn how the cardiovascular system functions and understand common cardiovascular diseases like heart attack and stroke, as well as the risk factors associated with them. You’ll also learn about blood pressure, blood sugar control and imbalances, and the role of these in diabetes and cardiovascular disease. You’ll investigate socio-economic factors in the development of cardiovascular diseases, and current management and prevention strategies.
- Identify the basic functional anatomy and working physiology of the cardiovascular system.
- Investigate and describe the most common cardiovascular diseases.
- Explore basic cardiovascular diagnostic tools modalities including prevention.
- Explain the basic concepts of blood pressure control including the need for it.
- Explain the basic concepts of blood sugar control including the need for it.
- Explore the basic treatment options for diabetes and hypertension including prevention.
Self-paced, however approximately 8 hours
Open to all. The course is suitable for anyone with a general interest in the science behind causes of human disease. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below in the website.